McAfee discovered in the deep web a ransomware-construction kits that allow easy to build malware in just 3 steps.
TOX — FREE RANSOMWARE KIT
- Now, to spread this creepy threat more easily by even a non-tech user, one dark web hacker has released a ransomware-as-a-service kit, dubbed “Tox,” for anyone to download and set up their own ransomware for free.
- Tox is completely free to use. The developers of the online software make money by taking a cut (20%) of any successful ransomware campaigns its users run.
- Tox, which runs on TOR, requires not much technical skills to use and is designed in such a way that almost anyone can easily deploy ransomware in three simple steps, according to security researchers at McAfee who discovered the kit.
- Tox is free. You just have to register on the site.
- Tox is dependent on TOR and Bitcoin. That allows for some degree of anonymity.
- The malware works as advertised.